We have published a new review: Exercise training for advanced lung cancer and a new protocol: Single or combined immune checkpoint inhibitors compared to first-line chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab for people with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
We published a new protocol: Gabapentinoids for chronic post-thoracotomy pain after lung surgery in adults
Corynne Marchal, Fergus Macbeth and Francois Calais attended the 25th Cochrane Colloquium in Edinburgh
We published two new protocols: Third-line systemic chemotherapy for small cell lung cancer and Immune checkpoint inhibitors plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy or immunotherapy for first-line treatment of advanced non-small cell lun cancer which is a generic protocol that will lead to 2 reviews :
- PD1 / PD-L1 inhibitors plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy or immunotherapy for first-line treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- CTLA4 inhibitors plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy or immunotherapy for first-line treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer
We published a new protocol: Chemo-radiotherapy versus surgery-based treatment for Stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review and network meta-analysis
We published 2 news reviews: Gefitinib for advanced non-small cell lung cancer' and 'Radical multimodality therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma' and a protocol : 'Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors versus single agent chemotherapy as second-line treatment for non–small-cell lung cancer wild-type or unknown status for EGFR'
This month we have published a new review entitled: 'Immunotherapy (excluding checkpoint inhibitors) for stage I to III non-small cell lung cancer treated with surgery or radiotherapy with curative intent'
Fergus Macbeth attended the Global Evidence Summit in Cape Town (South Africa) from 13th to 16th September (www.globalevidencesummit.org/about-summit) . It was the first time that Cochrane, The Campbell Collaboration, Guidelines-International Network, International Society for Evidence-based Health Care, and Joanna Briggs Institute have joined forces to create the premiere event in evidence-based policy.
We have published a new review: 'Preoperative exercise training for patients with non-small cell lung cancer' and one protocol: 'Exercise training for advanced lung cancer'
We published a new review: 'surgery for limited-stage small-cell lung cancer' and one protocol: 'Video-assisted thoracoscopic lobectomy versus open thoracotomy conventional lobectomy for stage I non-small cell lung cancer'
Fergus Macbeth attended the Cochrane mid-year meeting in Geneva (Switzerland) in early April where he represented our group to all of the meetings.
We published a new protocol : Radical multimodality therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma
We published a new protocol : Radiation therapy for preventing instrumentation track metastases in malignant pleural mesothelioma
Corynne Marchal and Fergus Macbeth attended the 24th cochrane Colloquium in Seoul (https://colloquium.cochrane.org/)
We published the update of the review : Postoperative radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer
We published a new review: First-line treatment of advanced epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation positive non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer
We registrered 1 new title:
- Combined multimodal radical therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma
We registrered 2 new titles:
- Early stage non-small cell lung cancer: Radical mediastinal lymph node dissection versus mediastinal nodal sampling
- and a DTA title : Mini-invasive procedures for the staging of non-small cell lung cancer
We registrered 2 new titles:
- Chemotherapy versus chemotherapy in combinaison with a targeted therapy as second-line treatment for advanced non-small cell lung cancer wild-type or unknown status for epidermial growth factor receptor: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- and Vaccines for advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- a new review: Interventions for smoking cessation in people diagnosed with lung cancer
- and a new protocol: Preoperative exercise training for patients with non-small cell lung cancer
- Corynne Marchal and Francois Calais attended the 23rd cochrane Colloquium in Vienna (https://colloquium.cochrane.org/)
- a new review : chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the elderly population
- and a new protocol: surgery localised small cell lung cancer
- We published a new review: non-invasive pressure ventilation for prevention of complications after pulmonary resection in lung cancer patients
- We were present at the ERS International Congress 2015 in Amsterdam (http://erscongress.org/home-ams2015)
We published the update of the review: Platinum versus non-platinum chemotherapy regimens for small cell lung cancer
We published a new protocol:
-Interventions for smoking cessation in people diagnosed with lung cancer
We published a new protocol:
- Maintenance therapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer
Publication of an updated version of the review:
-Palliative radiotherapy regimens for patients with thoracic symptoms from non-small cell lung cancer
We published two new reviews:
- chemotherapy with cetuximab vs chemotherapy alone for chemotherapy-naive advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- and our first diagnostic test acuracy review:
PET-CT for assessing mediastinal lymph node involvement in patients with suspected resectable non-small cell lung cancer
Participation of the lung cancer group in the 22nd Cochrane colloquium in Hyderabad (India) from 21 to 26th September. https://colloquium.cochrane.org/
This month we published two new protocols :
- Immunotherapy for stage I-III non-small cell lung cancer and
- Third-line systematic treatment for non-small cell lung cancer
Publication of a new protocol: 'Chemotherapy for newly diagnosed inoperable brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer'
Organisation, with the help of Pr. Sculier and the French Cochrane Centre, of a two-day training cession for new authors at the Bordet Institute in Brussels (Belgium). Participation of 12 persons
Publication of an updated version of the review : "Chemotherapy versus best supportive care for extensive small cell lung cancer".
At the 15th World Conference on Lung Cancer held in Sydney (Australia) on October 2013 the LCG was privileged to run a half day symposium, which involved a number of presentations by some of our editors and authors. There was an excellent turn out with an audience of 80 people from all round the world, a series of great presentations and interesting discussion. The full agenda is below. We hope that this event will stimulate new authors to join us in making the Cochrane Library the premier collection of high quality, up to date, systematic reviews on lung cancer topics.
Inaugural Cochrane Workshop :
Chairs : Ramon Rami-Porta (Spain) & Fergus Macbeth (UK)
- Introduction to writing a Cochrane review by Fergus Macbeth (UK)
- Writing a protocol by Noelle O'Rourke (UK)
- Defining a review question by Kwun Fong (Australia)
- Searching for studies and selecting studies by Virginie Westeel (France)
- Collection of Data by Nick Pavlakis (Australia)
- Analysing dichotomous data by Chee Khoon Lee (Australia)
- Analysing continuous data by Chee Khoon Lee (Australia)
- Analysing non-standard data and designs by Chee Khoon Lee (Australia)
- Assessing bias in included studies by Lisa Askie (Australia)
- Introduction to meta-analysis by Lisa Askie, (Australia)
- Assessing small study effects and reporting bias by Lisa Askie (Australia)
- Intoduction to RevMan by Ian Yang (Australia)
- Feedback and closing remarks by Ramon Rami-Porta (Spain) & Fergus Macbeth (UK)
The Cochrane Lung Cancer Group officially transferred from Spain to France. The new team would like to thank Xavier Bonfill for his active role in the development of our group and Sera Tort for her support and contribution over the years.